Malwarebytes Web Protection
Malwarebytes Inc. is an Internet Security Company established in 2008 and based in the USA which specializes in the protection of personal computers, smartphones, and even company data. The company has four offices in Clearwater, Florida; Santa Clara, California; Cork, Ireland and Tallinn, Estonia. Malwarebytes provides Cybersecurity Solutions for protection, detection, and remediation against malware.
Malwarebytes Web protection is a comprehensive cybersecurity application that helps in crushing potential threats like malware, hackers, and ransomware that the traditional antivirus are not equipped to stop. It helps in crushing both established and emerging threats. Thus, the need for web protection is necessary while using the Internet.
Common errors like Web Protection is turned off, buggy updates and excess memory usage may be addressed as follows –
- Web Protection won’t turn on: Malwarebytes offers a malware scanner for protection. One of the major features of this scanner is Web Protection. The Internet is a major source of malware and when the web protection is off, a threat is imminent. Sometimes, users are unable to turn on web protection and it apparently turns off on its own when the switch is pressed. The problem may be resolved in the following ways –
Sometimes, this problem may be resolved by a simple approach of closing the application and running it again before using the web. The process for this is as follows –
- i) Click on Malwarebytes system tray and press on ‘Quit Malwarebytes’ option.
- ii) Reopen Malwarebytes and check if the problem is resolved or not.
In some versions of Malwarebytes, there have been these Bugs. But these have been addressed in the updates. So, try updating your software. A pop-up may come when you open the app when there is an update available. Otherwise, in the Applications tab in Settings of Malwarebytes app, click on Install Application Updates. If there are any updates, they will be installed. Now, open the app and check if the problem is resolved or not.
This solution may work sometimes. For a free version of Malwarebytes, this process might not be difficult. But for a Malwarebytes Premium application, please remember to check for your Activation ID and Key. After retrieving your ID and Key –
- i) Open MBAM >> My Account and press the command Deactivate.
- ii) Open Settings >> Advanced Settings and uncheck on ” Enable-Self Protection Module”.
iii) Install MBAM-Clean.exe from Malwarebytes site and follow the instructions for installation.
- iv) Install Malwarebytes with your Activation ID and Key.
- v) Check if the problem is resolved or not.
Restart MBAM Services
If MBAMService.exe file is not working properly, this problem will occur in addition to Excess Memory (RAM) and CPU Usage. To restart this file –
- i) Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del and selecting task manager amongst the options given.
- ii) From the Processes Tab, find MBAMService.exe. Click on this file and press End Task button. Press Yes in the pop-up.
iii) Now, open run command by pressing Ctrl + R and type ‘MBAMService.exe’.
- iv) Restart your computer and check if the problem is resolved or not.
This method should be considered as a last option for solving this problem. This has worked for some users having problems in their devices. Before formatting the device, remember to take backups and try to make multiple recovery options for the backup.